ANI | @justearthnews | 02 Jan 2018
Pyongyang (North Korea), Jan 01 (ANI): North Korean leader Kim Jong Un warned the United States that he is ready to defend his country, if he feels it is threatened. Kim Jong Un said, "The entire United States is within range of our nuclear weapons, and a nuclear button is always on my desk. This is reality, not a threat." But the N. Korean leader also said that he was open to dialogue with South Korea. In his televised New Year's Day speech, Kim called for lower military tensions on the Korean peninsula and improved ties with the South. And he said he would consider sending a delegation to the Winter Olympics Games in South Korea in February. The last year was dominated by escalated tensions over North Korea's nuclear weapons programme. Defying the international warnings and sanctions, North Korea tested intercontinental ballistic missiles and conducted its sixth and most powerful nuclear test in September. A spokesperson for Moon's office said they were still reviewing Kim's New Year's Day speech. United States President Donald Trump only said "we will see", when reporters asked for his reaction to the speech, as he walked into a New Year's eve celebration in Florida.
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Jamal Khashoggi's death, official says
- World Baloch Women’s Forum urges people in Balochistan to boycott Pak general elections
- Abbas calls Trump's peace efforts 'slap of the century'
- South Asia Focus (Weekly Program) - Jan 14, 2018
- Anti-Trump protest in Bern ahead of Davos visit