Jeddah: Saudi Arabia witnessed a history on Sunday when women in the nation were allowed to drive, ending an age-old driving ban on the eves.
New York: The loss of a spouse or partner is often devastating, but for many women it is magnified by a “long-term struggle” for basic needs, human rights and dignity, accordi ...
New York: Women’s rights are under threat from a “backlash” of conservatism and fundamentalism around the world, a United Nation panel warned on Friday.
Canberra: The #MeToo movement, which has been successful in galvanising countries across the globe for months now, has finally reached Australian shores.
New York: The launch of a new partnership between the United Nations and European Union, is an essential tool to make violence against women and girls “a thing of the past”, s ...
New York: The current policy in the United States of separating “extremely young children” from their asylum-seeker or migrant parents along the country’s southern borde ...
Copenhagen: Denmark has become the latest European nation to pass a law that effectively bans certain face coverings, including the burqa and niqab, from August 1, reports said on Thursda ...
Dublin: A majority of Irish women are overjoyed after the country made abortion legal in Ireland, abolishing the age-old Eighth Amendment.
Dublin: Exit polls in the recent Ireland polls over abortion have suggested that the majority of the population have voted for the repeal of the Eighth Amendment.
- Pakistan: Karachi woman directed to shun Hijab at work or resign, sparks social media storm
- Saudi Arabia appoints woman to run bank
- Deputy UN chief hails ‘political courage’ of Latin American countries ‘to confront and end femicide’
- Women need to speak up for sexual harassment to stop: Michal Aviad
- Vulnerable children face ‘dire and dangerous’ situation on Greek island reception centres, UNICEF warns