Kabul: Security forces in Afghanistan's Kabul city foiled terrorists bid to detonate two improvised explosive devices, media reports said on Sunday.
Nasrat Rahimi, a spokesman for the Ministry of Interior, was quoted as saying by Khaama Press that the security forces discovered and defused an improvised explosive device in Kart-e Naw area at around 8:40 pm on Saturday.
Rahimi told the news agency that terrorists had planted the bomb on the roadside in Kart-e Naw area of the city.
Meanwhile, the Kabul Police Headquarters said in a statement that the security forces discovered another improvised explosive device in Tara Khel Village of Deh Sabz earlier on Saturday, reported Khaama Press.
No terror group has commented on the incident so far.
- Pentagon plans US troop exit from Afghanistan in case Trump orders withdrawal - Reports
- Companies ‘failing’ to address offline harm incited by online hate: UN expert
- Almost 30 police officers reported over radicalization signs after Paris attack - Reports
- Afghan-Taliban clashes in Uruzgan province result in about 15 servicemen killed - Source
- Mike Pompeo condemns terror attack in Afghanistan mosque