Kabul: The Afghan Special Forces arrested two suspected Islamic State terrorists from Kabul city of Afghanistan, media reports said.
The Special Operations Corps said in a statement that the Special Forces arrested the two ISIS militants in Paghman district, reported Khaama Press.
The military officials said Monday that the Special Forces arrested an ISIS-K militant during a patrol in Deh Sabz district of Kabul, reported the news agency.
A small cache of weapons were reportedly destroyed by the forces.
Afghanistan's Ministry of Interior released a statement and said General Command of Police Special Units (GCPSU) launched an overnight operation in PD5, Kabul City.
As a result, two men arrested accused of helping Taliban militants.
- Afghanistan: Zabul truck blast leaves seven killed
- Afghanistan: Taliban claims responsibility for explosions in Charikar, Kabul
- Five soldiers killed by Boko Haram in Cameroon's Far North region
- Over 110 militants killed as Afghan forces increase pressure: Officials
- Special Forces storm ISIS hideout in Kabul, 3 hurt