Jalalabad, Aug 19 : Multiple explosions rocked Afghanistan's Jalalabad area on Monday and left several people injured, media reports said.
The exact number of people injured in the explosions are not known so far.
No group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.
The Governor’s Office of Nangarhar said in a statement that six bombs went off in Jalalabad city earlier today, reported Khaama Press.
Furthermore, the Governor’s Office said the security forces had earlier discovered and defused six bombs from various parts of the city, reported the news agency.
A suicide bombing incident in Kabul city, which had targeted a marriage hall on Saturday, killed over 60 people and left the nation shocked at a time when it is observing its 100th Independence Day.
Islamic State claimed responsibility for the incident.
Afghanistan is celebrating its Independence Day on Monday.
- Afghanistan: Zabul truck blast leaves seven killed
- Afghanistan: Taliban claims responsibility for explosions in Charikar, Kabul
- Five soldiers killed by Boko Haram in Cameroon's Far North region
- Over 110 militants killed as Afghan forces increase pressure: Officials
- Special Forces storm ISIS hideout in Kabul, 3 hurt