According to reports, the target of the explosion was a police headquarters in police district 6 (PD6) of Kabul city.
The incident took place at around 9am Kabul time, the Interior Ministry's Nusrat Rahimi told Tolo News.
Eyewitnesses told the news portal that gunfire was heard after the car bomb attack, but Rahimi said there was no gunfight after the explosion.
The Taliban group has claimed responsibility for the incident.
- Two U.S. service members killed in Afghanistan
- Deadly airstrikes and drone hits displace thousands of civilians in Libya oasis town
- Four killed after gunmen attack convoy in Nigeria
- Appointment of alleged war criminal to head of Sri Lanka army ‘deeply troubling’, says UN human rights chief
- Afghanistan: Security forces arrest ISIS militants in Kabul