Kabul: The Taliban headquarters in Afghanistan's northern Kunduz province was destroyed during an operation conducted by the security forces on Sunday, media reports said.
The military officials were quoted as saying by Khaama Press that the Special Forces also destroyed explosives and military equipment during the same operation.
The Special Forces also conducted a similar operation in Faryab province and killed 2 Taliban fighters, reported the news agency.
The Taliban did not comment on the operations so far.
- Is Pakistan behind the killing of brother of Afghan Taliban leader in Quetta blast?
- Pakistan: Blast rocks mosque near Quetta, 4 persons killed
- Quetta: Blast hits mosque, four people killed
- Three more humanitarian workers killed in Syria, with civilian death toll ‘rising every day’
- Uzbek national pleads guilty in US Court for conspiring to help IS in Syria: Justice Dept