Moscow (Sputnik/UNI) Militants have violated the ceasefire in the Syrian provinces of Aleppo, Hama and Latakia over the past 24 hours, the head of the Russian Defense Ministry's Center for Syrian Reconciliation, Maj. Gen. Viktor Kupchishin, said on Wednesday.
"Over the past 24 hours, militants shelled ... settlements in the Latakia province, ... the Hama province and the area near the research and development center in the city of Aleppo," Kupchishin said at a press briefing.
He noted that within last 24 hours the reconciliation center had held one humanitarian action in the Muhammad Bek district of Aleppo, delivering 500 food kits to local residents.
Kupchishin added that, as of Tuesday, about 58,000 Syrians, who evaded military service, had been granted amnesty by the Syrian authorities.
Russia, alongside Turkey and Iran, is a guarantor of the ceasefire in Syria. Moscow has also been assisting Damascus through supporting the struggle against terrorist groups, providing humanitarian aid to local residents and facilitating the return of refugees.
- New York resident sentenced to twenty years for trying to join IS in Yemen : Justice Department
- Afghan forces target Lashkar-e-Taiba compound in Afghanistan, three foreign terrorists killed
- Easter Bombings: Sri Lanka police bring five suspects back from Saudi Arabia
- Suicide bombing in Afghanistan kills 9
- Families deserve answers when loved ones go missing in conflict: Security Council adopts historic resolution