Kabul: A Taliban leader has been shot dead by his own security guards in Afghanistan's Lagman province, media reports said on Wednesday.
The 201st Silab Corps announced Wednesday that Mawlavi Gul Mohammad alias Sheikh Sahib who was in charge of inviting militants to Taliban ranks was shot dead by his own security guard in Alisheng district, reported Khaama Press.
According to a statement released by 201st Silab Corps, Mawlavi Gul Mohammad was killed in Ghaziabad area of the district on Tuesday, reported the news agency.
After the killing, Mawlavi Gul Mohammad’s security guard reportedly handed himself over to security forces.
The Taliban did not comment on the issue so far.
- 12 Taliban terrorists killed in Afghanistan
- Militants attacked settlements in three Syrian provinces in past 24 hours : Russian Military
- All 9 Easter Sunday suicide bombers identified, says Sri Lankan police
- Afghanistan: Explosion rocks Ghazni, three killed
- Children of ISIL terrorists likely held in ‘secret detention facilities’, UN human rights office warns