Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 12 Aug 2017
The incident took place on Thursday, local government officials confirmed.
According to provincial governor’s spokesman Nasir Mehri, a number of senior Taliban commanders were among the ones killed in the incident.
He added that the meeting was called to discuss an upcoming attack on security check posts by the insurgents.
However, denying the incident, the Taliban said no deaths were recorded.
Image: Screengrab from YouTube
- Pakistan: Nine killed, over 50 wounded in Quetta church attack
- Yemen: At least 15, including rebels and civilians, killed in Saudi coalition airstrikes
- US lawmaker facing sexual assault charge dies of alleged suicide
- Afghanistan: At least 76 militants killed in a 5-day commando operation in Kunduz
- LinkedIn: Germany spy agency alleges Chinese intrusion