Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 12 Aug 2017
The incident took place on Thursday, local government officials confirmed.
According to provincial governor’s spokesman Nasir Mehri, a number of senior Taliban commanders were among the ones killed in the incident.
He added that the meeting was called to discuss an upcoming attack on security check posts by the insurgents.
However, denying the incident, the Taliban said no deaths were recorded.
Image: Screengrab from YouTube
- Brazil police arrest at least 108 in crackdown on paedophiles
- Afghanistan: ISIS, Taliban militants engage in war, at least five dead
- Afghan army and Taliban suffer heavy casualties in Kandahar base attack
- Afghanistan: Grenade attack kills one in Kabul
- Pakistan: Seven policemen killed in Balochistan blast