Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 09 Aug 2017
The operations were carried out on Tuesday in the province's Sayyad district.
The civilians were kept hostage for the past four days in the key Mirza Awlang area.
Meanwhile, a statement from the office of the President, ARG Palace read that a high level defence meeting chaired by the President Ashraf Ghani was constituted on Tuesday evening.
The statement added that the meeting focused on the recent security upheavals in the country, specifically the security situation in northern and northeastern provinces, including Sar-e-Pul province, the agency report added.
Earlier on Sunday, at least 30 people, including women and children, were killed in Sar-e Pol by militants.
However, witnesses said that at least 50 people were killed during the massacre which they said were carried out by a joint team of the ISIS and Taliban.
- Brazil police arrest at least 108 in crackdown on paedophiles
- Afghanistan: ISIS, Taliban militants engage in war, at least five dead
- Afghan army and Taliban suffer heavy casualties in Kandahar base attack
- Afghanistan: Grenade attack kills one in Kabul
- Pakistan: Seven policemen killed in Balochistan blast