Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 09 Aug 2017
The operations were carried out on Tuesday in the province's Sayyad district.
The civilians were kept hostage for the past four days in the key Mirza Awlang area.
Meanwhile, a statement from the office of the President, ARG Palace read that a high level defence meeting chaired by the President Ashraf Ghani was constituted on Tuesday evening.
The statement added that the meeting focused on the recent security upheavals in the country, specifically the security situation in northern and northeastern provinces, including Sar-e-Pul province, the agency report added.
Earlier on Sunday, at least 30 people, including women and children, were killed in Sar-e Pol by militants.
However, witnesses said that at least 50 people were killed during the massacre which they said were carried out by a joint team of the ISIS and Taliban.
- Netflix sacks communication head Jonathan Friedland over N-word
- Afghanistan: Taliban kidnap 33 workers in southern Kandahar province
- Melania Trump's 'I really don't care do you?' jacket on migrant visit sparks row
- London station evacuated after man on track claims to have bomb
- Afghanistan: Gunmen kill four border police officials, abduct 13 construction workers