Moscow (Sputnik/UNI) The British Airways company has canceled over 1,500 flights as a result of strikes of pilots scheduled for Monday and Tuesday, media reported Sunday.
According to The Telegraph newspaper, the strikes will affect around 280,000 people and cost 80 million pounds ($98.2 million).
On August 23, the British Airline Pilots Association (BALPA) announced that it called on its members to strike from September 9-10, and on September 27, following disputes over pay and perks cuts.
The company called on the passengers to stay home if their flight has been canceled.
The Russian Foreign Ministry also warned Russian citizens about the strikes and massive cancellations.
- Syrian air defenses destroy drone near capital
- Afghans entitled to live ‘free from fear, intimidation’, says UN chief, condemning suicide attacks
- Drone attacks target Saudi oil facilities, fire under control now
- At least 31 killed, 100 wounded in stampede at Ashura commemoration in Iraq
- North Korea fires projectiles amid readiness for talks with US: South Korean Military