Damascus (Xinhua/UNI) Syria's air defenses intercepted Israeli missile attack before day break on Wednesday in the southern province of Daraa, state news agency SANA reported.
The air defences were triggered by a missile attack over the town of Harra in Daraa, said the report.
The attack caused damages, said SANA, adding that the Israelis launched an electronic warfare after the attack to jam the Syrian radar system.
Israel has repeatedly attacked Syria on several pretexts such as attacking sites belong to Iran-backed fighters or responding to stray mortars fired from Syria.
Earlier in June, the Syrian air defenses intercepted Israeli missiles southwest of the capital Damascus.
- ‘Indiscriminate blasts’ in civilian areas ‘must stop’, UN mission in Afghanistan stresses
- JuD chief and Mumbai attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed arrested in Pakistan
- Bangladesh: Former President Ershad dies, political leaders mourn
- UN’s Guterres condemns ongoing airstrikes on Syria’s hospitals, medical workers
- Train mishap in Pakistan leaves 21 dead