Wellington (Xinhua/UNI) One person died following a firearm-involved incident near Kawhia, New Zealand's North Island, early Thursday.
Police were called to a rural address about 4:00 a.m. local time (1600 GMT Wednesday) on a shooting report, Detective Inspector Graham Pitkethley said in a statement.
Initial indications showed the incident was caused by a firearm.
Three others were also wounded in the incident and were reported to be in a moderate condition, Pitkethley said, adding that one person was assisting police with their enquiries.
The public were encouraged to provide information for the police.
- ‘Indiscriminate blasts’ in civilian areas ‘must stop’, UN mission in Afghanistan stresses
- JuD chief and Mumbai attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed arrested in Pakistan
- Bangladesh: Former President Ershad dies, political leaders mourn
- UN’s Guterres condemns ongoing airstrikes on Syria’s hospitals, medical workers
- Train mishap in Pakistan leaves 21 dead