Baghdad (Xinhua/UNI) An explosion was heard in the heavily fortified Green Zone in central Baghdad in Iraq on Sunday evening, while sirens could be heard following the blast, a security source said.
"Katyusha rocket hits central Baghdad's Green Zone without causing any casualties," Yahya Rasoul, spokesman of the Iraqi Joint Operations Command, said in a statement.
Another security source anonymously told Xinhua that a Katyusha rocket struck an empty area near the U.S. embassy in the Green Zone, without causing casualties.
- Four killed in Saudi-led airstrike in northwestern Yemen
- Syria's air defences intercept Israeli attack in Daraa
- Personal data of 900k Russians leaked online from 3 Russian banks
- With Amul sponsoring Afghanistan cricket team in the World Cup, India lives a moment of glory
- Child killed in grenade attack on singing concert in Yemen's Aden