Baghdad (Xinhua/UNI) An explosion was heard in the heavily fortified Green Zone in central Baghdad in Iraq on Sunday evening, while sirens could be heard following the blast, a security source said.
"Katyusha rocket hits central Baghdad's Green Zone without causing any casualties," Yahya Rasoul, spokesman of the Iraqi Joint Operations Command, said in a statement.
Another security source anonymously told Xinhua that a Katyusha rocket struck an empty area near the U.S. embassy in the Green Zone, without causing casualties.
- Number of Palestinians wounded in Gaza border violence exceeds 77 people: Heath Ministry
- Israeli police shoot two knife-men after attack on officer in Jerusalem
- ‘Act with restraint’ UN urges Hong Kong authorities and protestors, as airport is disrupted for a second day
- Hong Kong Police arrests five amid protests at Hong Kong Int'l Airport
- Sydney: Man arrested for stabbing woman