Colombo: Sri Lankan security officials have arrested an Islamic preacher on charges of using social media platform to air extremist views, media reports said.
He was reportedly arrested from Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA).
"It was reported that the suspect had been organising pilgrimage tours to Mecca," Sri Lanka's Daily Mirror reported.
The Islamist preacher has been sent to remand till May 14.
Sri Lankan witnessed a massive terror attack on Easter Sunday when eight blasts rocked the nation.
The blasts left 253 people killed.
The Islamic State claimed responsibility for the incidents.
- Chinese-made drones may be stealing data from US customers : Homeland Security Department
- Rocket explosion rocks Green Zone in central Baghdad
- Five migrants killed, 39 wounded in road accident in Southeast Turkey: Reports
- Egyptian court sentences two people to death for attack on Coptic Church: Reports
- Syrian army foils rebels' attack in Hama