Colombo: Sri Lankan security officials have arrested an Islamic preacher on charges of using social media platform to air extremist views, media reports said.
He was reportedly arrested from Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA).
"It was reported that the suspect had been organising pilgrimage tours to Mecca," Sri Lanka's Daily Mirror reported.
The Islamist preacher has been sent to remand till May 14.
Sri Lankan witnessed a massive terror attack on Easter Sunday when eight blasts rocked the nation.
The blasts left 253 people killed.
The Islamic State claimed responsibility for the incidents.
- Arab coalition strikes at Houthis' positions in Northern Yemen - Reports
- Number of Palestinians wounded in Gaza border violence exceeds 77 people: Heath Ministry
- Israeli police shoot two knife-men after attack on officer in Jerusalem
- ‘Act with restraint’ UN urges Hong Kong authorities and protestors, as airport is disrupted for a second day
- Hong Kong Police arrests five amid protests at Hong Kong Int'l Airport