Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 11 Aug 2018
Lake Elsinore, Orange County: At least 21,000 people have evacuated their homes in Lake Elsinore region of Orange County, California, as wildfire threatened their existence.
A mandatory evacuation order was placed as the blaze, termed Holy fire, grew in size.
The Holy fire is one among 18 fires presently ravaging the state. It has already eaten away 19,000 acres of forest north of San Diego.
Meanwhile, a person, who is suspected of starting the fire, has been produced in court accused of arson.
He has been identified as 51-year-old Forrest Clark. According to local media reports, Clark started the fire following a decade-long dispute with his neighbours.
The incident took place on Monday.
More than 600 volunteers are fighting the blaze, however, strong winds have prevented them from making significant progress.
- No direct relations found between main suspect in Utrecht shooting, victims : Dutch police
- Australian police raid homes in New South Wales linked to Christchurch gunman
- Three out of 4 people detained after New Zealand shooting have no links to attack: Police
- New Zealand witnesses 'darkest day' as twin mosque attacks kill 49 in Christchurch
- Gunmen kill 17 in northern Nigeria