Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 11 Aug 2018
Lake Elsinore, Orange County: At least 21,000 people have evacuated their homes in Lake Elsinore region of Orange County, California, as wildfire threatened their existence.
A mandatory evacuation order was placed as the blaze, termed Holy fire, grew in size.
The Holy fire is one among 18 fires presently ravaging the state. It has already eaten away 19,000 acres of forest north of San Diego.
Meanwhile, a person, who is suspected of starting the fire, has been produced in court accused of arson.
He has been identified as 51-year-old Forrest Clark. According to local media reports, Clark started the fire following a decade-long dispute with his neighbours.
The incident took place on Monday.
More than 600 volunteers are fighting the blaze, however, strong winds have prevented them from making significant progress.
- Duchess of Sussex expecting first child, confirms Kensington Palace
- Climate change not a hoax, says Trump; reckons scientists have a political agenda
- Canada to legalise recreational cannabis from Oct 17
- Melania Trump brushes aside marriage rift speculations, says 'we are fine'
- Former Guatemalan Vice President Roxana Baldetti sentenced to prison in 'Magic Water' scandal