Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 08 Mar 2018
Kabul: At least four policemen were killed after militants attacked a police base in Kandahar province of Afghanistan on Wednesday night, reports said.
Thee other personnel were wounded, officials said.
The attack started at around 8:30 pm at police headquarters in Spin Boldak district of the province.
According to reports, a suicide bomber initiated the attack by detonating his explosive close to the base.
Later, two other militants entered the facility and opened fire.
The shooting lasted for two and a half hours, local Tolo News quoted sources as saying.
No group has claimed the attack so far.
- No direct relations found between main suspect in Utrecht shooting, victims : Dutch police
- Australian police raid homes in New South Wales linked to Christchurch gunman
- Three out of 4 people detained after New Zealand shooting have no links to attack: Police
- New Zealand witnesses 'darkest day' as twin mosque attacks kill 49 in Christchurch
- Gunmen kill 17 in northern Nigeria