Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 08 Mar 2018
Kabul: At least four policemen were killed after militants attacked a police base in Kandahar province of Afghanistan on Wednesday night, reports said.
Thee other personnel were wounded, officials said.
The attack started at around 8:30 pm at police headquarters in Spin Boldak district of the province.
According to reports, a suicide bomber initiated the attack by detonating his explosive close to the base.
Later, two other militants entered the facility and opened fire.
The shooting lasted for two and a half hours, local Tolo News quoted sources as saying.
No group has claimed the attack so far.
- Afghanistan sexual abuse of players: 6 AFF members suspended
- Honour Killing: Man kills wife, three daughters
- Yellow vest movement: Violence hits Paris again, police fire tear gas
- France protest: 200 demonstrators detained, security tightened in Paris
- Yellow vest riot fears spread, Eiffel Tower to remain closed tomorrow