Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 08 Mar 2018
Kabul: At least four policemen were killed after militants attacked a police base in Kandahar province of Afghanistan on Wednesday night, reports said.
Thee other personnel were wounded, officials said.
The attack started at around 8:30 pm at police headquarters in Spin Boldak district of the province.
According to reports, a suicide bomber initiated the attack by detonating his explosive close to the base.
Later, two other militants entered the facility and opened fire.
The shooting lasted for two and a half hours, local Tolo News quoted sources as saying.
No group has claimed the attack so far.
- Netflix sacks communication head Jonathan Friedland over N-word
- Afghanistan: Taliban kidnap 33 workers in southern Kandahar province
- Melania Trump's 'I really don't care do you?' jacket on migrant visit sparks row
- London station evacuated after man on track claims to have bomb
- Afghanistan: Gunmen kill four border police officials, abduct 13 construction workers