|Organization Name||:||Proximity Designs|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Social media – and in particular Facebook - is a rapidly evolving part of the media landscape in Myanmar, and is going to be critical to how Proximity Designs delivers impact in the future. Whether it’s communicating news about income-boosting products, spreading the word about techniques or generating leads for our on-the-ground team to follow up on, social media allows us to scale what we do efficiently and quickly. We’re at the start of this journey – there’s a lot to work out – and you will be at the heart of our efforts as we test, learn and develop a social media and digital marketing approach that truly makes a difference in the lives of Myanmar’s famers.
What You Will Do
• Working with the Digital Marketing Lead, you will play a key role in the strategy, execution, monitoring and optimization of digital marketing and social media activity (with a concentrated effort on Facebook in the beginning).
• Alongside a significant focus on paid Facebook activity, you will spend time developing our pioneering chatbot activity.
• You will create compelling content for farmers on our social media and chatbot platforms.
• As well as writing content yourself, you will manage and mentor 1-2 other content creators.
• Conduct analysis on our digital marketing, and use that analysis to improve its effectiveness in delivering impact for farmers.
• Build extensive knowledge of Myanmar’s farmers’ emerging social media behavior, and become a thought-leader on the subject.
Our Facebook Pages
You will be primarily working on our customer facing brand, Yetagon, Facebook pages.
• Yetagon Irrigation: https://www.facebook.com/YetagonIrrigation/
• Yetagon Farm Advisory Services: https://www.facebook.com/YetagonFarmAdvisoryServices/
• 2+ years’ experience in digital marketing and social media.
• Working knowledge of the Facebook ad platform.
• Experience with lead generation/direct response campaigns on Facebook.
• Strong writer in Burmese, with the ability to write for our rural audience.
• Strong analytical skills with a data driven mindset.
• You possess the traits of any successful communicator: adaptability, creativity, empathy for your audience, strong ability to learn and work in teams.
• You have the ability to work across teams and cultures to build strong relationships.
• You are interested in being part of an organization that greatly impacts local communities.
• Fluent in Burmese and strong in English, both written and spoken.
• Competitive salary with medical benefits
• Nearly limitless opportunities for professional growth & career development
• Talented, forward-thinking colleagues
• World-class training opportunities through our Proximity School
• Chance to build a unique, nationwide operation in a frontier market
• Amazing office environment with in-house café
• Potential for international travel to conferences & special events
• Annual performance bonuses
• Change lives for the better, doing groundbreaking, unprecedented work in Myanmar
About Proximity Designs
Proximity Designs is an award-winning social business in Myanmar. We design and deliver affordable, income-boosting products that complement the entrepreneurial spirit of rural families.
Launched in 2004, we’ve created Myanmar’s largest agricultural services platform — farm technology, advising and finance — to help small family farms be profitable. Across our platform, we’re now engaging with over 100,000 new customers a year, on top of the 550,000 we’ve already served. These families see an average of $250 annual income increase as a result — a life-changing amount for those living on less than $3 a day.
By using human-centered design, we listen, observe and learn from our customers. From this deep knowledge, we design and bring to market products and services to meet their changing needs. Today the scope of our network reaches nearly 80 percent of the farming population. We have customers in the Ayeyarwady Delta, Lower Myanmar, the central Dry Zone and the Shan hills.
Apply at: https://proximity-designs-2.workable.com/jobs/1111826/candidates/new