|Organization Name||:||Syria Justice and Accountability Centre (SJAC)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
LOCATION: Paris, France
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SJAC is embarking on a new project supporting a newly formed group of Syrian families of those missing by ISIS. SJAC will be supporting the set-up of the group and the families advocacy efforts as part of a larger effort to document and investigate missing persons in Northeast Syria. The Advocacy Coordinator will provide logistical support, coordinate advocacy opportunities, capacity training, and psychosocial support, and ensure that the work of the group is integrated within SJAC’s broader documentation, research, and advocacy.
General Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with newly formed victims’ group to create clear goals and agenda for international advocacy efforts.
• Provide administrative and logistical support, including managing the group’s budget and booking travel.
• Coordinate with a network of outside organizations to schedule psychosocial support and advocacy trainings
• Develop advocacy strategy and advocacy events agenda including at the UN level in Geneva and NY, as well as with key capitals and stakeholders.
• Implement the strategy and seek opportunities for advocacy on the international stage, and work to connect victims’ group members with policymakers and journalists
• Provide regular updates to SJAC on the work and priorities of participating victims
• Act as a bridge between documentation work and victims’ group, ensuring that victims receive regular updates on documentation efforts and vice versus.
Skills and Experience
• Relevant university degree, BA or MA preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience advocating for human rights on the international stage, including working with government policymakers and international organizations. Experience with the United Nations preferred.
• Knowledge of the Syrian conflict and ongoing human rights violations.
• Experience working directly with and advocating for victims of human rights violations
• Sensitivities to the needs and dynamics of families and survivors.
• Professional fluency in written and spoken Arabic.
• Professional proficiency in English. Proficiency in French is a plus.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Advocacy Coordinator – [your name].”
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Job Email id: hiring(at)syriaaccountability.org