|Organization Name||:||International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ICNL)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
MENA Legal Advisor/Legal Associate - Amman, Jordan
Are you interested in promoting an enabling legal framework for civil society in the Middle East/North Africa (MENA) region? The MENA regional office of the International Center for Not-for-Profit Law, LLC is looking for a creative, and highly motivated lawyer to help us do just that.
The Legal Advisor/Legal Associate is a full-time position based in ICNL LLC’s Amman, Jordan office. As a member of ICNL LLC’s MENA team, the Legal Advisor/Legal Associate will help strengthen support the work of civil society partners to promote an enabling legal framework for civil society and public participation throughout the region. The job will be dynamic, fast-paced, and best suited to someone enterprising, flexible, comfortable with multi-tasking, and able to take on extensive travel.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of ICNL LLC’s MENA office, the Legal Advisor/ Legal Associate will:
• Collaborate with leading MENA human rights activists to defend the freedoms of association, expression, and assembly;
• Help develop the cutting-edge knowledge and analysis that allows ICNL and our partners to stay ahead of rapidly developing civic space issues;
• Prepare analyses of draft legislation for use by government officials, parliamentarians, civil society, and the media;
• Help strengthen coalitions of likeminded government allies, civil society organizations, movements, and individuals critical to achieving ICNL’s mission
• Law degree from an accredited school.
• At least three years of professional legal experience in the field of human rights, civil society or not-for-profits.
• Spoken and written fluency in Arabic and English; professional proficiency in French is highly preferred.
• Excellent legal research, analysis, writing, and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Willingness to travel extensively.
• Experience with project strategy, design, and management preferred.
• Experience working with civil society, government, or an international organization in the Middle East/North Africa is preferred.
A cover letter and CV should be sent to email@example.com. Be sure to reference “Legal - MENA” in the subject line. Please include salary history for the last two years and contact information for three references.
Only finalists will be contacted - no phone calls please. For more information about ICNL, please visit www.icnl.org
Job Email id: mena(at)icnlalliance.org