|Organization Name||:||People in Need|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
• Place of work: Myanmar: Sittwe with frequent trips to Yangon
• Direct supervisor: Country Director
• Starting date: October, 2019
• Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance around the world. In Myanmar, People in Need started to work in 2002, when it launched the financial assistance to civil society groups and independent media. After 2008, PIN provided humanitarian and relief aid to people affected by typhoon Nargis. Since 2012, PIN has been operating directly from Myanmar, our programs focusing primarily on supporting local civil society in remote areas, and humanitarian assistance. We are working in areas affected by armed conflicts in Rakhine State and in Kachin State providing humanitarian aid in the sectors of Nutrition, Education in Emergencies, Protection and WASH. In Kachin State, PIN also provides technical support for designing and implementation of the land reform process and works for ensuring the appropriate involvement of civil society organizations. Furthermore, our social cohesion program aims to promote tolerance and acceptance of diversity in different communities in Mon, Kayin and Rakhine States. We are currently expanding our operations into urban programming in Yangon.
Apart from Yangon, PIN has currently offices in Rakhine, Kachin and Kayin States. Majority of PIN funding in Myanmar comes from the Myanmar Humanitarian Fund (MHF), the EU, Czech and US Governments, UN and private donations.
Overview of the position:
The Area Manager for Rakhine State (AM) is responsible for the overall coordination of all the operations implemented directly and indirectly by People in Need in Rakhine State. The AM is responsible for representation and relations between PIN and its partners and donors, as well as for overall representation of PIN in relevant forums at the union and state level, including sectorial meetings.
Furthermore, he/she cooperates closely with the Head of Programmes (HoP) to ensure quality implementation of the projects and with the Country Director (CD) to identify potential partnerships and funding opportunities in priority sectors of the PIN Myanmar Country Programme related to Rakhine State.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Close and continuous cooperation with HoP to ensure quality programming
• Actively contributes to the development of new proposals
• Supervise the implementation of all operations implemented directly (via respective Project Managers) and indirectly (via respective local civil society implementation partners) in Rakhine State
• Supervise the monthly reporting and planning of all the programs (programmatic and financial)
• Supervise the movement planning and relevant approval from authorities
• Conduct supervision and monitoring trips to the field
• Facilitate contact and cooperation between the country office in Yangon and field staff (e.g. M&E trips, financial planning, etc.)
• Facilitate contact and cooperation between the Knowledge and Learning Department and field staff
• Support PIN programming in Paletwa, Chin State
• Closely follow-up the security situation and consult with CD, update security and safety protocols if necessary
• Ensure compliance of PIN with the local legal and administrative procedures
• Supervise the management of the sub-offices in Sittwe, Mrauk-U and Minbya in terms of finance, administration and logistics
• Supervise local procurement
• Supervise planning and spending of the office running costs
• Brief and train new international and local staff (short-term and long-term) coming to the Rakhine State
• Supervise HR, including continuous capacity building of the national staff
Partnerships & External relations
• Identify, approach, negotiate and secure long-term partnerships possibilities with national and international NGOs, UN agencies and donors in line with PIN’s Country Program Strategy.
• Contribute to the development of the PIN’s partnership strategy and programmatic direction, and help shape PIN’s overall response to the protracted crisis in Rakhine State.
• Engage with key stakeholders (donors, INGOs) to strategically streamline and adapt PIN’s proposal development processes for the Rakhine context
• Represent PIN in meetings with (prospective and current) partners to promote an accurate understanding of the PIN’s role, work and impact. Be active and visible among the relevant donor circles.
• At least 3 years professional experience within a humanitarian and/or development organization;
• Proven experience in humanitarian assistance in complex emergencies;
• Strong grasp of all stages of programme cycle management and quality standards in humanitarian programming, including safeguarding and accountability mechanisms;
• Ability to work independently and demonstrate organizational and problem solving skills;
• Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English
• Proven ability to work in a diverse and multi-cultural team environment, with appropriate sensitivity to social and cultural norms;
• Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts would be an advantage.
• Possibility to work in a well-established and locally recognized NGO
• Salary and benefits according to PIN’s salary scale and HR policies
• Opportunities for learning, trainings and capacity development
• 25 days of paid leave annually
• Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work
• Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure
• Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation
• Travel health insurance
• Accommodation in PIN provided guest house
Apply at: https://people-in-need-2.workable.com/jobs/1102271/candidates/new