|Location||:||Regional / Global|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Purpose of the role:
Based in the region, the Senior Analyst will research and produce policy reports on conflict-related issues in the Gulf, particularly the foreign policies of Gulf states and how they affect conflicts elsewhere.
• Conducts extensive field research in the Gulf States;
• Provides written analyses on the key issues;
• Prepares detailed reports, briefing papers and other written products (op-eds, commentaries, short notes) setting out relevant research findings and policy recommendations in concise and clear fashion;
• Proposes policy initiatives for governmental, intergovernmental, political, and non-governmental stakeholders to address the underlying issues;
• Advocates -- locally, nationally and internationally, as appropriate -- and represents Crisis Group at events and meetings and in the media;
• Provides general support to the Program and Deputy Program Directors for Crisis Group activities and projects in the region;
• Works closely with other members of the MENA team, as well as the Africa Program;
• If required supervises a consultants and/or stringers.
• An M.A. degree in international relations, political science, journalism, sociology or equivalent through experience;
• Five years professional experience in government, academia, international organisations, NGOs or journalism;
• Proven excellent writing skills and the ability to formulate well-targeted policy recommendations;
• Strong research and analytical skills and ability to propose policy interventions;
• Extensive knowledge of the region’s key issues;
• A proven strong network of governmental and non-governmental officials, media and civil society in the country and region;
• Fluency in English; strong knowledge of Arabic;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good public presentation skills, and a strong capacity for effective teamwork.
Candidates should apply before 30 August 2019.
Apply at: http://jobs.crisisgroup.org/o/senior-analyst-gulf-dubai-or-elsewhere-in-the-region/c/new