|Organization Name||:||United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Duration of the contract: 4 to 12 months
Indicative starting date: 01 Sep 2019
Deadline for submission of applications: 30 Jul 2019
Number of vacancies: 1
Organizational Unit: Peace-making and Conflict Prevention Programme
OVERVIEW (QUICK DESCRIPTION OF THE FUNDED PROJECT AND ITS CONTEXT)
The Programme in Peacemaking and Conflict Prevention Unit (PMCPU) organizes training and knowledge-sharing seminars to strengthen capacities for the prevention and resolution of conflict. It conducts a regular international training for diplomats and UN staff, regional training programmes and an international programme for indigenous peoples’ representatives. A seminar for senior peacemakers is also organized annually. The activities require a high level of organizational and detailed work.
GENERAL OBJECTIVES OF THE CONTRACT
The incumbent is expected to gain knowledge regarding the organization of capacity development programmes in conflict prevention and peacemaking with a special focus on programme management requirements, while contributing to the smooth organization of PMCPU activities. The trainee will assist in the preparation and follow-up of several training activities of PMCPU and assist in other office administration and logistics tasks.
RESPONSIBILITIES/DESCRIPTION OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICES/LEARNING OBJECTIVES
• Assist in the preparation and follow-up of several PMCPU activities;
• Conduct assigned research and organize training materials for PMCPU activities;
• Assist in proofreading and editing of PMCPU documents;
• Assist in other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
At the end of the traineeship the incumbent will be able to:
• Describe the main steps related to project organization as they relate to capacity development programmes;
• Design a checklist with a timeline for the organization of capacity development programmes;
• Describe some of the methods used for monitoring and evaluation of programmes;
• Enumerate the important steps when conducting research on potential donors and foundations.
MEASURABLE OUTPUTS/DELIVERABLES/SCHEDULE OF DELIVERABLES
• Checklist of logistics necessary for the organization of PMCPU programmes designed in a clear and accurate manner before each of the main activities, and reviewed and refined after the event.
• Database for participants, resource persons and staff working in a training programme created and maintained with up-to-date information on a daily basis.
• All the documents proofread in a timely, careful and precise manner and approved by the supervisors.
• Smooth and timely action to respond to assignments in administration and logistics.
PERFORMANCE INDICATORS FOR EVALUATION OF RESULTS
• Assigned work delivered in a timely and precise manner;
• Assigned work related to training material conducted in a due and highly accurate manner;
• Routine work of PMCP understood and related assistance provided in a smooth manner.
• A first or a second-level University degree in one of the following areas: law, administration, international relations.
• The trainee should possess organizational, analytical and technical skills to assist with the delivery and organization of training activities and working knowledge to use of MS Office package.
Language skill required
• The trainee should possess native or bilingual proficiency in English and French.
Daily reporting to PMCPU Senior Specialist.
General conditions of contracts for the service of Traineeship apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and motivation letter (email body text is OK, not more than 500 words) to email@example.com quoting “Traineeship” in your subject line.
Job Email id: pmcp(at)unitar.org