|Organization Name||:||The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Post Title: Manager
Duty Station: Madrid, Spain
Grade of the Post: P.3
Date of Entry into Duty: As soon as possible
Vacancy Reference: UNWTO/HHRR/VAC/21/ICTC/2019
Duration of Appointment: Two years
Department: Information and Communication Technologies
Deadline for Applications: 15 June 2019
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) is the United Nations agency responsible for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism.
The Information and Communication Technologies Department is responsible for providing technological services and technical support to the Organization and in the IT and communications fields (email, intranet, micro computing, applications, network, etc.).
Under the supervision of the Director, Administration and Finance, the incumbent performs the following duties:
• Formulates the assessment of operational and security infrastructure needs of the Organization;
• Supervises the implementation of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) operation plans and ensures that all equipment is in good working conditions at all times as to meet the ICT needs of the Organization;
• Plans and determines infrastructure needs for the Organization and provides input for the relevant budget submissions; maintains an up-to-date inventory of all infrastructure equipment under the department’s responsibility;
• Participates in the assessment of ICT-related needs in coordination with relevant departments and assists in the formulation of recommendations of relevant projects;
• Liaises with relevant stakeholders to ensure the licenses and permissions required to operate UNWTO networks are granted; when required, liaises on ICT matters with other United Nations common system agencies and/or international organizations;
• Monitors and coordinates the work of ICT personnel; provides coaching and training to ICT personnel and users;
• Drafts relevant procedures, policies and instructions to promote a better understanding of the use of ICT equipment; liaises with end users to clarify, analyze and resolve reported issues, delivering high standards of customer service; drafts relevant technical documentation and participates in specific ICT tender procedures;
• Performs other duties as required.
• Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, telecommunications or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Experience and Basic Competencies
• A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in ICT systems analysis and design, installation, configuration, testing, piloting, rollout, administration and maintenance or related area.
• Fluency in English is essential;
• Good working knowledge of another official language of the Organization (Arabic, French, Spanish or Russian) is an asset.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office software and Windows 7;
• Knowledge of LAN installation and support as well as messaging infrastructure;
• Knowledge of LAN configuration and network implementation;
• Good knowledge in the areas of networks, system operations and administration, ICT architecture, software development, telecommunications and ICT assurance and security.
Other Skills and Competencies
• Demonstrated ability in managing and implementing technical projects, using standard ICT methodology(ies);
• Excellent written and communication skills and the ability to present complex issues in a manner comprehensible to non-specialists;
• Excellent client orientation skills;
• Discretion and respect for confidentiality;
• Excellent planning and organizational skills;
• Ability to work harmoniously in a multicultural environment;
• Ability to keep abreast of available technology and understand the applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office;
• Good judgment and the ability to make effective decisions;
• Integrity and professionalism;
• Previous experience in the United Nations or another international organization is an asset.
The total annual salary of USD 76,315 consists of a net annual salary of USD 60,233 (net of taxes and before medical insurance and pension fund deductions) and an annual post adjustment of USD 16,082. The post adjustment (cost of living allowance) is variable and subject to change without notice in accordance with the rates as set within the UN common system for salaries and allowances. The figure quoted for the post adjustment, is based on the May 2019 rate of 26.7%
The initial grade and step on appointment will be determined by the Secretary- General on the basis of qualifications and in the light of previous similar
appointments and could be at a grade different from that shown above. Appointments are normally at step 1 of the grade. The Secretary-General reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post.
If, following consideration of applications, the Secretary-General proceeds to fill this vacancy, a fixed-term appointment for a period of two years – subject to a four-
month probationary period – will be offered. There is, however, no guarantee either that the initial contract will be renewed or that a career appointment within UNWTO will subsequently be offered.
Interested applicants are requested to complete the Online UNWTO Personal History Form (http://www2.unwto.org/webform/UNWTO-HHRR-VAC-21-ICTS-2019).
Please note that UNWTO will only accept applications received through our web-based system. Applications sent by other means (e.g. post, email, etc.) or received after the deadline indicated above, will not be taken into consideration.
• Candidates who do not receive any feedback within three months of the deadline should consider their application as unsuccessful;
• In filling vacancies, due regard will be paid towards maintaining a staff selected on a wide and equitable geographical basis. Candidates of all nationalities are welcome to apply; under similar circumstances, preference will be given to nationals of UNWTO Member States. Women candidates and nationals from non-represented Member States in the UNWTO Secretariat are encouraged to apply;
• Short-listed candidates may be asked to take a competitive exam as part of the final phase of the selection process. These candidates will be contacted directly for this purpose.