|Organization Name||:||Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty|
|Location||:||Prague, Czech Republic|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
The Foreign Affairs Editor reports to the Service Director and is responsible for helping to shape each day's content from idea generation to final product and managing a team of reporters, primarily on world affairs. Sound news judgment stemming from years of experience in journalism, an ability to work cooperatively under pressure and a commitment to nurture correspondents are required. An absolute commitment to journalistic impartiality should guide editors from start to finish.
• In cooperation with the Managing Editor and Service Director, helps plan the news of the day, finalizes assignments to reporters working on newswire, supervises their completion and edits and issues the final product in a timely manner, on all platforms, including social networks.
• Final product can include, but is not limited to news briefs, full-length radio and social network excerpts, interviews, explainers, blogs, analysis…
• Must keep up with world news and developments in target region.
• The Editor is encouraged and expected to work closely with the bureaus.
• Is expected to create original content from time to time.
• Manages, coaches, trains, gives constructive feedback and reliably guides staff in editorial matters.
• Comes with innovative and creative ideas in the area of programming.
• Makes independent decisions and is responsible for the final outcome.
• In addition to working regular shifts, the editor is expected to be available during important, breaking news events, and work as assigned by the Service Director.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Combination of education and experience
• Journalism or related field
WORK EXPERIENCE: 8 years
• Experience in journalism or professional writing
• Good understanding of journalism and news programming and/or previous work experience in a news media environment.
• Grounding in web production and editing and in use of Pangea
• Knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
• Thorough and demonstrated knowledge of international affairs and regional politics
• Substantial international reporting and editing experience
• Demonstrated ability to manage a team, and to motivate others towards the achievement of common goals, while managing limited resources in an efficient manner.
• First rate news judgment employing balance and accuracy in reporting techniques.
• Proven ability to work quickly and efficiently to solve technical and operational problems under tight deadlines
• Thorough knowledge of the news needs in the broadcast area. Capable of assessing news reports from multiple news agencies and own sources.
• Another relevant language Working Knowledge Oral+Written (Desirable)
• English language (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Apply at: https://apply.teamio.com/public/respond?vacancy=1376414360&rps=202