|Location||:||Bangui, Central African Republic|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Cordaid believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for just and sustainable societies where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion divide societies, we connect people and communities. We stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders. We aim at maximizing our social impact and contributing to systemic change. We operate where natural disasters strike, where conflicts tear up communities and where lack of opportunities and service delivery keep families in extreme poverty.
Cordaid is one of the leading CSO’s in the Netherlands, working in fragile contexts on Health, Resilience, Economic opportunities, Humanitarian aid and Security & Justice. Apart from our work abroad we also contribute to new forms of job creation and social innovation in The Netherlands.
Cordaid is a member of the international Catholic networks Caritas and CIDSE and we are active in worldwide civil society networks. We work in around 30 countries in Africa, Middle East and Asia.
For the Cordaid Country office in Central African Republic, Bangui, Cordaid is looking for a
Coordinator Resilience / Food Security
Central African Republic, a landlocked country, has struggled with violence and political instability for decades. About 2.7 million Central Africans, over half of the population, are in need of immediate humanitarian assistance. Recurring violence and ineffective government have resulted in a lack of access to basic services and education. Health services are sparse. People do not have the economic opportunities to provide for themselves, let alone their families. Poor infrastructure and attacks on aid workers, including kidnappings, further exacerbates the dire humanitarian and economic situation. It is in this context that Cordaid secured funding through a Consortium for a livestock project to improve the food security situation of households in Bangui and surrounding areas by increasing the supply of quality animal protein at an affordable price. In addition, Cordaid is working on several proposals to expand its resilience and food security programming.
Position and responsibility
The CAR Resilience/Food Security Coordinator is responsible for the program design, and technical support to ensure quality implementation, standardization, monitoring and evaluation of all activities in the Resilience/Food Security sector in accordance with Cordaid’ strategy. S/he will strengthen sector activities and provide technical oversight of the program across all sites of implementation in CAR. S/he will focus on development and emergency response capability, with the ability to respond to a fluid programming context, and deliver key services rapidly and effectively. The Coordinator reports to the Program Director.
Program quality and strategic management:
- In collaboration with the Senior Management Team, ensure that the Resilience/Food Security projects are delivered according to the donor contractual requirements and that all activities and deliverables are completed within the agreed timescale and budget;
- Design and regularly update detailed work plans and ensure these are used by the team appropriately to monitor progress towards completion and achievement of program objectives;
- Ensure that all resilience and food security activities are consistent with established best practices, are evidence-based and gender-sensitive and remain relevant with the developing trends in the CAR food security cluster and working groups and adjust the programmatic priorities as necessary;
- Collaborate with the Program Director to update the Resilience/Food Security strategy of the Country 2018-2010 Strategic Plan;
- Provide technical supervision and support of the country Resilience/Food Security activities; with a focus on vouchers and cash-based programming;
- Ensure that the Resilience/Food Security activities have and utilize customized protocols, policies and guidelines;
- Ensure that project implementation adherence to Cordaid’s values, mandate and internal procedures;
- Supervise the development of relevant M&E systems and ensure regular follow-up on monitoring data relevant to Resilience/Food Security programs to feed into on-going review of project cycle and decision-making for programming.
Fundraising and Program Development:
- Develop program and project proposals, including theories of change, logical frameworks, program design and implementation plans and SMART indicators for the Cordaid CAR Resilience/Food Security program under the supervision of the Program Director and in consultation and collaboration with field-based technical and management staff;
- Assist with the preparation and revision of budgets, authorizing and monitoring expenditure in line with the different budgets, donor guidelines and Cordaid’s management and financial regulations;
- Ensure that programmatic and financial reports for donors are prepared as required, ensuring these are of the highest quality and submitted in a timely manner to the donor;
- Be fully aware of the contract compliance regulations of Cordaid and donors;
- Collaborate with other in-country program teams to ensure an integrated strategy to achieve the Resilience/Food Security results in the country’s SAP.
Coordination and Representation:
- In coordination with the supervisor, represent Cordaid to UN, international and national NGOs, relevant line ministries, and donors meetings for economic recovery, resilience and food security as well as relevant technical clusters and working groups;
- Coordinate closely with the Cordaid HQ and support offices including finance and administration, HR, and supply chain as they relate to the program;
- Actively participate in periodic program meetings and ensure a summary of progress and challenges are prepared and presented with follow-up actions as required;
- Participate in internal coordination and management meetings to promote effective and efficient information sharing and program integration;
- Participate actively in national resilience and food security, early warning networks and technical working groups.
• Degree preferably at Master level in agricultural science and technology, agrozootechnical sciences, agronomy, international development, economics, business management, etc;
• Minimum of five years’ managing experience in field based resilience, food security, cash programming, nutrition and emergency, recovery and development programming;
• Proven coordination skills with the ability to bring together multiple program requirements and stakeholders;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French;
• International work experience with preference in Africa and experience working in a multicultural setting is essential;
• Demonstrated skills in strategic planning, budget development and management, and program reporting for diverse audiences;
• Experience working in development and/or humanitarian assistance;
• Must be familiar with international donors rules, regulations and policies including EU, USAID;
• Proven skills in leadership and supervision, with an ability to work effectively and efficiently in a challenging, complex work environment;
• Ability to work both independently and as a team;
• Ability to work long hours in stressful environments, insecure, unstable and / or rigorous;
• Flexibility, ability to easily overcome the pressure, ability to improvise, flexibility and sensitivity to cultural diversity;
• Commitment to the mission and goals of the Cordaid program and the security policy.
Specifics of station
The Coordinator Resilience/Food Security will be based in Bangui but will spend at least 40% of their working time on the ground to monitor the implementation of the Resilience/Food Security program. The safety and security situation in CAR remains volatile, but is constantly monitored by Cordaid and appropriate policies are in place. This is a non-accompanied posting.
The contract period is for one year starting as soon as possible, with the intention to extend for a longer period. We offer a Cordaid contract with a competitive salary and a benefit package which includes R&R, a comprehensive insurance cover, social security and pension contribution monthly, a holiday allowance, 13th month, hardship allowance and cost of living allowance.
Further information & how to apply
Applications including a motivation letter and extensive CV in English, including the contact details of at least three professional references, should be forwarded on attn. of Mr Sosthène Hicuburundi, Country Director in Central African Republic Office, before June 4th, 2019.
An integrity screening will be part of the application procedure.
Please note that we accept applications through our website only: https://www.cordaid.org/en/vacancies/international/?cd_job_id=131910