|Organization Name||:||Amnesty International|
|Location||:||London, United Kingdom|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Amnesty International's Global Thematic Issues Programme is looking for a Deputy Director and Head of Refugee and Migrant Rights.
As part of a structure of six teams, you will head the Refugee and Migrant Rights team. Your job will be to lead Amnesty International's (AI) strategy, research and policy on Refugee and Migrant Rights.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As head of the team, you will:
* Lead Amnesty International's global work on refugee and migrant rights, including by developing and managing a program of high-quality investigative research and advocacy.
* Analyse global political, economic, social and legislative trends relevant to Amnesty's work on refugee and migrant rights, and provide the Amnesty global movement with authoritative strategy and policy advice.
* Provide sound political judgment and expertise, in order to lead the development and implementation of effective strategies, operational plans and responses to crisis situations.
* Write timely and effective analyses, reports, briefings, media materials, and other internal and external materials.
* Act as AI's chief spokesperson on refugee issues and represent AI to governments, intergovernmental bodies, expert meetings, and the media.
In you, we're looking for a dynamic highly motivated person, with exceptional communication skills to lead our work on refugees and migrants. The world is confronting a major refugee crisis and we need a bold thinker to lead our work forward. Substantial experience working with refugees is a must.
With significant expert knowledge of refugee and migrant rights issues, including the relevant international law and standards, you will have excellent research, analytical and writing skills, demonstrated in a range of publications. You will be a skilled strategist and advocate, and willing to take risks and try new approaches.
As the leader of a team of talented specialists, you will have a proven track record motivating people and getting the best from them.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 7 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all.
We reach almost every country in the world and have:
* more than 2 million members and supporters who drive forward our fight for rights
* more than 5 million activists who strengthen our calls for justice
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they're denied. And whether we're applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we're all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits, please visit https://www.amnesty.org/en/careers/benefits/
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click 'Apply for this Role' below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let's get to work.
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=em9lLmNvbGxpZXIuMTQzNzcuNTcyOUBhbW5lc3R5LmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ