|Organization Name||:||International Development Law Organization - IDLO|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Grade: Band B - Technical Functional Supervisory Management - Senior level
• Operations and Administrations
• Human Resources
• Banking and Finance
Closing Date: 2019-03-25
IDLO IN SOMALIA
IDLO has extensive experience and a good track record of implementing successful rule of law programs in conflict and post-conflict contexts like Somalia. Since 2012, IDLO has been working with government authorities at both the federal and state levels as well as key justice institutions and the informal justice system to enable them to fulfil their core functions, improve governance and strengthen access to justice for citizens, particularly for the most vulnerable. IDLO is currently implementing seven projects in Somalia. IDLO’s activities in the country aim to promote the rule of law in Somalia across a number of areas, including institution building, policy and legal reform, access to justice and human rights, stabilization and countering violent extremism. In its programmatic work, IDLO has developed a strong partnership with a broad range of Government stakeholders at Federal level, including the Office of the Presidency, the Office of the Prime Minister, the Attorney General’s Office, the Ministry of Justice (among other Ministries), as well as Federal Member States (Puntland, Jubaland, South-West, Hirshabelle and Galmudug).
Under the supervision of the Country Manager and in collaboration with the Regional Program Manager, Africa, as well as with other service departments at IDLO HQ in Rome, the incumbent shall primarily be responsible for the following duties:
• Manage and coordinate all operational support functions for the IDLO program in Somalia including Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, Logistics and Security.
• Ensure that the policies, procedures and systems regarding operations services in Somalia Country Office are in compliance with IDLO's institutional standards and approach, while at the same time taking into account the realities of working in Somalia.
• Provide support to the overall management, coordination and planning for IDLO office in Somalia including the relationship with local implementing partner.
• Lead, motivate and coach the operations team, facilitating the cultivation of appropriate skills to continuously enhance sound working relationships within the Office.
• Monitor the program implementation environment, including political development and human resources issues that may affect implementation of IDLO projects.
• Maintain a highly efficient and secure Office Services function with a strong focus on client-service for both internal and external users.
Finance and Procurement management
• Ensure the IDLO Country Office compliance with corporate procurement policies and procedures.
• Ensure the timely preparation and submission of all financial reports and documentation to the HQ Finance Team including monthly bank and cash accounting worksheets, ensuring the correct allocation of costs to the program budget lines and reviewing the monthly fund transfer requests to HQ.
• Monitor program expenditures and utilization of funds; ensure compliance with IDLO Financial Procedures and Donor Rules and Regulations; be responsible for updating financial forecasts and contribute to projects and/or budget revisions as required.
• Keep track of financial progress of the projects; analyze project expenses as required, underline budget deviations and provide analysis.
• Ensure internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursement, receipts and transfers.
Human Resources, Admin and Logistics management
• Ensure the IDLO Country Office compliance with corporate human resources policies and strategies.
• Ensure optimal staffing of the office and projects.
• Ensure effective talent management, including recruitment, induction, and learning; ensure necessary human resources policies and procedures are in place and consistently applied across the IDLO Somalia Office.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
• Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field is required.
• Professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CPA is highly desired.
• Minimum 7-8 years of relevant professional experience with operations management including financial, human resources and administrative functions at international level working ideally with US donor-funded projects.
• Previous experience in setting up a new office and in team supervision.
• Fluency in English is required.
• Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
• Broad experience in team and budget and resource management, strategic planning and capacity building;
• Understanding of various donor rules and regulations, in particular, US donors.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Sound knowledge of IPSAS.
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• A self-starter, able to identify improvements to working practice, make recommendations and implement changes.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work constructively with several internal service departments.
• Proven ability to develop and foster productive working relationships across a globally-based organization.
• Proven ability to carry out tasks, set objectives, and deliver results.
• The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Keen sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this internationally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate a Affiliate contract of 12 months, with possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
In addition, IDLO shall offer the candidate an annual basic salary in the range of USD 6,000, a leave and benefit package, including medical, and provident fund in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules. Relocation and installation support are also available for internationally recruited employees.
A local national recruited against internationally recruited position, shall not be subject to or eligible for benefits exclusively applicable to International employees, as outlined in IDLO employee regulations and rules
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Apply at: https://www.impactpool.org/jobs/430645