|Organization Name||:||Rotary International|
|Location||:||Evanston, IL, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Job Title: Youth Exchange Specialist
Area: Youth Exchange
Reports to: Supervisor, Youth Exchange and Youth Protection
Rotary is 1.2 million inspired business and professional leaders, in 35,000 Rotary clubs and more than 200 geographical areas united daily across cultures and occupations addressing illiteracy, disease, hunger, poverty, and lack of clean water. The fervent idea exchange celebrates diverse perspectives and facilitates positive change. Passion and engagement abound at Rotary International. In exchange for hard work and dedication, our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. We offer all this and more. Come join us. Visit www.rotary.org to learn more.
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
One of Rotary’s values is diversity, which we define as embracing diversity in thought, culture, and perspective. As such, we welcome and encourage highly-qualified candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds to apply.
Serves as primary staff contact for Youth Exchange program. Coordinates program communications (general inquiries, response to complaints, global campaigns), manages program data and administrative functions (reporting, file maintenance, standard operating procedures), supports other youth programs (Interact, Rotaract, RYLA), as assigned.
• Required: Bachelors degree (or equivalent), with international experience preferred
• Preferred: Study/work abroad experience
Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Firm commitment to provide excellent customer service to internal/external contacts.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe.
• High attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
• Must be self-motivated, organized and detail-minded; able to take direction and work independently.
• Ability to work in a volunteer-led organization.
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
• Multicultural experience preferred, proficiency in a second language helpful but not required.
• Provides specialized guidance and support to volunteer program officers and Rotary leaders, as well as prospective, current and former program participants and their parents/guardians interested in Youth Exchange. Responds to requests for information from Rotarians and non-Rotarians about RI policies and procedures.
• Serve as primary administrator of Youth Exchange data, managing the entire data-entry process with staff in Data Services and the Pune office to ensure accurate and complete records on exchanges, hosting arrangements, and early returns. Oversees development of accurate and effective statistical reporting.
• Receive concerns and complaints related to youth protection and policy compliance, conducting reviews of sensitive and confidential information and providing guidance to ensure timely resolution and follow-through.
• Prepare, maintain and distribute Youth Exchange officer directories on a quarterly basis (and as-needed between quarters) and assist in sending out materials accordingly.
• Coordinate with interdepartmental colleagues to draft key messages, targeted broadcast emails, and marketing strategies to respond to trends (regional, topical, etc.).
• Serve as primary contact for grants involving youth travel, conducting reviews of grant materials and working with Regional Grant Officers and grant applicants to ensure compliance with applicable policies.
• Coordinate youth protection communications and guidelines for Youth Exchange that support Rotary policies. Serve as a resource to Rotarians and non-Rotarians on youth protection.
• Maintain Youth Exchange Workgroup site for program officers, ensuring up-to-date resources, materials and news.
• Monitor online Youth Exchange forums, including YEOtalk message board, www.yeoresources.org, social media groups, and all tools on rotary.org.
• Serves as primary staff liaison with Support Center team. Identify trends to develop improvements for standardized responses within the Youth Exchange program.
• Serve as back-up to other program teams during busy periods and staff absences as assigned
• Serve as an internal subject matter expert for all section topics relevant areas in the Rotary Code of Polices and decisions made by the RI Board and The Rotary Foundation Trustees
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Minimum of three years work experience in an office environment preferred. Customer service experience helpful.
• Previous work experience with an international non-government organization (NGO), student exchange programs, counseling/mediation, or membership associations helpful.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Budget Responsibility: None
Support Center; Club and District Support; Regional Coordinators Programs; International Offices; Communications; Public Relations; Senior Leader Support; Data Services; Financial Services; Meetings and Events; Membership Development; Language Services; Learning and Development; Legal Services; Print, Mail, and Traffic; Distribution.
Rotarians, current and potential program participants and their parents, representatives of other youth organizations, government agencies, vendors, and the general public.
PC (with software that includes Microsoft Office, Excel, People, Adobe, databases and the internet), scanner, multi-functional device, projector/LCD display, and telephone.
Apply at: https://www.rotary.org/en/about-rotary/careers?gnk=job&gni=8a7885a8688e28a10168ab36a0f67362