|Organization Name||:||Health Policy Watch|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Health Policy Watch, www.healthpolicy-watch.org, is seeking a dynamic journalist to lead our reporting on global health policy issues in Geneva and beyond. The writer will form part of a small, dynamic team committed to providing top-quality, independent, professional reporting to our audience.
Health Policy Watch (@healthpolicyw) is a new initiative of the organisation that publishes Intellectual Property Watch, an independent, UN-accredited news media organisation based in Geneva, Switzerland.
Health Policy Watchis seeking a professional, flexible, enterprising reporter to report on a wide range of global health policy issues at the Geneva international institutions and elsewhere. The reporter will be responsible for identifying and fostering a team of freelance health writers and must be capable of constructive interactions with the diversity of stakeholders that comprise our readership. The reporter will be responsible for developing and fostering a network of sources from the range of relevant stakeholder groups – including staff of international organisations, national governments, research institutes/think-tanks, academia, the philanthropic community, industry, and civil society, as well as the wider international health press.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Journalism or other equivalent writing experience. Superior English writing and speaking skills are required.
· Strong knowledge of global health policy issues and inter-governmental policy processes.
· A commitment to professional, neutral and independent reporting.
· Proven information, communications technology and marketing skills, including social media, web, and video, are vital.
· Familiarity with French a plus, as well as any other UN languages.
· A proven ability to interact with highly diverse stakeholders.
· Ability to work in parallel on multiple projects, with attention to detail, and to meet tight deadlines.
· Ability to work in a multicultural environment, both independently and as part of a team.
· A track record of bringing energy, entrepreneurialism, flexibility and creativity to their work.
· Excellent research, organizational and communication skills.
Specifically, the successful candidate will have:
o a bachelors and advanced (masters) degree in global public health, international relations, global policy, journalism, communications or equivalent.
The position is 70% time, with the aim of increasing to full time in the future.
The position is based in Geneva with some travel likely. The preferred candidate will be a Swiss or EU national or a holder of a valid Swiss work permit. Please clearly state in your letter of application, which of the above permits/nationality you hold.
Health Policy Watchshall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality. Staff selection shall be on the basis of merit, equal opportunity, gender equity and geographic balance, and without discrimination on grounds of race or creed.
Candidates are encouraged to submit their application no later than 16 June 2018.
Please submit your CV, a short cover letter (a maximum 1 page attached or in body of email), and 1-2 writing samples (attached or linked) by email to: email@example.com.
Job Email id: info(at)healthpolicy-watch.org