Water resources ministry and others sign funding agreement for irrigation projects
Just Earth News 07 Sep 2016 Print
New Delhi, Sep 6 (Just Earth News): The Union Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, NABARD and National Water Development Agency signed a Memorandum of Agreement on Tuesday.
Ninety-nine prioritized irrigation projects under Prime Minister Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) will get central assistance according to the agreement.
The agreement was signed in the presence of Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Uma Bharti.
Vice Chairman, NITI Aayog, Dr. Arvind Panagariya, the Minister of State for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Balyan and other dignitaries were also present at the signing ceremony.
- UN forum to coordinate global efforts to address worsening water shortages
- At start of World Water Week, UN Assembly President says water and sanitation goals need 'major push'
- Billions around the world lack safe water, proper sanitation facilities, reveals UN report
- UN agency eyes recycling wastewater for large-scale farming
- Conservation of water essential, Indian farmers can do wonder with it : PM Modi