Tibet: An earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter Scale hit Xaitongmoin County in Xigaze City, southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region, on Monday, media reports said.
The epicenter was measured at 30.32 degrees north latitude and 87.64 degrees east longitude. The quake struck at a depth of 8 km, China's Xinhua news agency reported quoting data released by China Earthquake Networks Center (CENC).
No casualties have been reported so far.
"The telecommunication in the region has remained undisturbed," the news agency said.
- Southwest Japan rocked by series of earthquakes, no tsunami warnings issued
- Boat made of recycled plastic and flip-flops inspires fight for cleaner seas along African coast
- Climate change may now destroy Bengal Tiger’s home, reveals study
- 2018 fourth warmest year in continued warming trend, according to NASA, NOAA
- Mosul’s ‘3D contamination’ adds to challenges of deadly mine clearance work