Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 11 Oct 2018
Tallahassee: At least one person was killed as Hurricane Micheal made landfall in Florida on Wednesday, reports said.
However, Michael has been downgraded to a tropical storm, albeit one with very powerful winds.
Officials said that the man died after a tree fell on him.
Over 500,000 have been left stranded without electricity in Alabama, Florida and Georgia.
All the three states have imposed an emergency as schools and offices remain shut.
- Hurricane Michael: Storm kills at least 16, leaves behind a trail of destruction
- Hurricane Michael: Florida braces for 'extremely dangerous' category 4 storm
- 5.9 earthquake hits Haiti, 11 killed
- UN system mobilizing to support Indonesia, following earthquake and tsunami disaster
- Magnitude 6 earthquake hits Indonesia's Sumba Island