Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 11 Oct 2018
Tallahassee: At least one person was killed as Hurricane Micheal made landfall in Florida on Wednesday, reports said.
However, Michael has been downgraded to a tropical storm, albeit one with very powerful winds.
Officials said that the man died after a tree fell on him.
Over 500,000 have been left stranded without electricity in Alabama, Florida and Georgia.
All the three states have imposed an emergency as schools and offices remain shut.
- Boat made of recycled plastic and flip-flops inspires fight for cleaner seas along African coast
- Climate change may now destroy Bengal Tiger’s home, reveals study
- 2018 fourth warmest year in continued warming trend, according to NASA, NOAA
- Mosul’s ‘3D contamination’ adds to challenges of deadly mine clearance work
- Extreme weather grips US, nine deaths reported