Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 11 Oct 2018
Tallahassee: At least one person was killed as Hurricane Micheal made landfall in Florida on Wednesday, reports said.
However, Michael has been downgraded to a tropical storm, albeit one with very powerful winds.
Officials said that the man died after a tree fell on him.
Over 500,000 have been left stranded without electricity in Alabama, Florida and Georgia.
All the three states have imposed an emergency as schools and offices remain shut.
- UN space-based tool opens new horizons to track land-use on Earth’s surface
- COP24 negotiations: Why reaching agreement on climate action is so complex
- ‘Going green’ is good business says private sector at UN’s COP24 climate conference
- COP24 addresses climate change displacement ahead of crunch migration meeting
- COP24: Huge untapped potential in greener construction, says UN environment agency