Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 31 Jan 2018
Islamabad: A 6.1 quake jolted several parts of Pakistan, resulting in the loss of a life, local Dawn News reported.
Additionally, at least 15 people were injured as tremors were felt in Quetta, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Charsadda, Murree, Sargodha, Shangla, Haripur and Gujranwala.
The epicenter of the quake was deemed to be in Jurm, in northern Badakhshan province of Afghanistan.
The deceased, identified as a minor girl, was crushed to death after the room of her residence caved in during the tremor.
The incident took place in Lasbela district of Pakistan's Baluchistan province.
According to officials, the injured have been moved to a nearby hospital.
- IAEA to Cooperate with Japan on Nuclear Security at 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo
- For Valentine’s Day, UN environment wing is urging everyone to ‘break up’ with single-use plastic
- Taiwan quake: Death toll rises to four, over 200 injured
- Near-record warm temperatures fuel deadly, costly weather events in 2017 – UN
- At least nine killed as storm Friederike wreaks havoc in Germany, the Netherlands