Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 31 Jan 2018
Islamabad: A 6.1 quake jolted several parts of Pakistan, resulting in the loss of a life, local Dawn News reported.
Additionally, at least 15 people were injured as tremors were felt in Quetta, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Charsadda, Murree, Sargodha, Shangla, Haripur and Gujranwala.
The epicenter of the quake was deemed to be in Jurm, in northern Badakhshan province of Afghanistan.
The deceased, identified as a minor girl, was crushed to death after the room of her residence caved in during the tremor.
The incident took place in Lasbela district of Pakistan's Baluchistan province.
According to officials, the injured have been moved to a nearby hospital.
- Australia witnesses warmer than average temperatures and below-average rainfall in 2018: Bureau of Meteorology
- Is Haiti better prepared for disasters, 9 years on from the 2010 earthquake?
- From the colonies to the space race - past, present, future converge in Fourth Committee
- 7-magnitude earthquake hits off southern Philippines, no casualty
- Indonesia tsunami: Anak Krakatau volcano seethes, fear of new waves grips people