Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 31 Jan 2018
Islamabad: A 6.1 quake jolted several parts of Pakistan, resulting in the loss of a life, local Dawn News reported.
Additionally, at least 15 people were injured as tremors were felt in Quetta, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Charsadda, Murree, Sargodha, Shangla, Haripur and Gujranwala.
The epicenter of the quake was deemed to be in Jurm, in northern Badakhshan province of Afghanistan.
The deceased, identified as a minor girl, was crushed to death after the room of her residence caved in during the tremor.
The incident took place in Lasbela district of Pakistan's Baluchistan province.
According to officials, the injured have been moved to a nearby hospital.
- Rich variety of life on earth essential says UN chief Guterres, marking biological diversity day
- Climate change: An 'existential threat' to humanity, UN chief warns global summit
- New UN agency guidelines aim to sustain forest benefits for future generations
- India: 13 states put on storm alert, schools closed
- 6.9 earthquake hits Hawaii, no casualty reported