Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 31 Jan 2018
Islamabad: A 6.1 quake jolted several parts of Pakistan, resulting in the loss of a life, local Dawn News reported.
Additionally, at least 15 people were injured as tremors were felt in Quetta, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Charsadda, Murree, Sargodha, Shangla, Haripur and Gujranwala.
The epicenter of the quake was deemed to be in Jurm, in northern Badakhshan province of Afghanistan.
The deceased, identified as a minor girl, was crushed to death after the room of her residence caved in during the tremor.
The incident took place in Lasbela district of Pakistan's Baluchistan province.
According to officials, the injured have been moved to a nearby hospital.
- Hurricane Michael: Storm kills at least 16, leaves behind a trail of destruction
- Hurricane Michael: Storm kills at least one person in Florida, downgraded
- Hurricane Michael: Florida braces for 'extremely dangerous' category 4 storm
- 5.9 earthquake hits Haiti, 11 killed
- UN system mobilizing to support Indonesia, following earthquake and tsunami disaster