Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 23 Dec 2017
Manila, Dec 23 (JEN): At least 74 people have been reportedly killed as tropical storm Tembin swept through southern Philippines, reports said.
The storm brought with it mudslide and flash floods.
Two towns, Tubod and Piagapo, sustained most severe damage, as a number of homes were completely destroyed.
Dozens were killed a week ago as a similar tropical storm, Kai-Tak, struck central Philippines.
- Australia witnesses warmer than average temperatures and below-average rainfall in 2018: Bureau of Meteorology
- Is Haiti better prepared for disasters, 9 years on from the 2010 earthquake?
- From the colonies to the space race - past, present, future converge in Fourth Committee
- 7-magnitude earthquake hits off southern Philippines, no casualty
- Indonesia tsunami: Anak Krakatau volcano seethes, fear of new waves grips people