Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 23 Dec 2017
Manila, Dec 23 (JEN): At least 74 people have been reportedly killed as tropical storm Tembin swept through southern Philippines, reports said.
The storm brought with it mudslide and flash floods.
Two towns, Tubod and Piagapo, sustained most severe damage, as a number of homes were completely destroyed.
Dozens were killed a week ago as a similar tropical storm, Kai-Tak, struck central Philippines.
- Near-record warm temperatures fuel deadly, costly weather events in 2017 – UN
- At least nine killed as storm Friederike wreaks havoc in Germany, the Netherlands
- At least one killed as earthquake rocks Peru
- NASA Science to return to Earth aboard SpaceX Dragon Spacecraft
- California mudslide: Death toll rises to 17