Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 25 Sep 2017
According to authorities, the volcano could erupt at any moment.
"Authorities have imposed a 12km (7.5-mile) exclusion zone around the mountain and issued their highest level alert on Friday," the BBC reported.
However, tourist areas have remain unaffected thus far.
The Indonesian Red Cross tweeted, "42.714 people in radius 9km from #GunungAgung have been displaced in safer place."
- One in six deaths caused due to pollution
- Portugal wildfire leaves 41 dead and many injured, fans political blame too
- INTERVIEW: Few global issues as urgent as tackling climate and disaster risks – UN official
- California fires: Death toll climbs to 31, officials announce names of 10 victims
- At least 23 people die as northern California firestorm grows