Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 25 Sep 2017
According to authorities, the volcano could erupt at any moment.
"Authorities have imposed a 12km (7.5-mile) exclusion zone around the mountain and issued their highest level alert on Friday," the BBC reported.
However, tourist areas have remain unaffected thus far.
The Indonesian Red Cross tweeted, "42.714 people in radius 9km from #GunungAgung have been displaced in safer place."
- Near-record warm temperatures fuel deadly, costly weather events in 2017 – UN
- At least nine killed as storm Friederike wreaks havoc in Germany, the Netherlands
- At least one killed as earthquake rocks Peru
- NASA Science to return to Earth aboard SpaceX Dragon Spacecraft
- California mudslide: Death toll rises to 17