Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 11 Jan 2018
Caracas: Hit by several economic woes may have its affects, but for a certain sector in Venezuela, it's working wonders.
For decades, Brazil has ruled the body modification industry. Several women, unhappy with their natural shape, have thronged to the South American nation for augmentation.
However, the recent economic crisis is Venezuela has seen people cross over to Brazil's northern neighbour for these surgeries.
The country has witnessed a surge in 'Butt-lifts'.
According to a BBC report, the Venezuelan town of Puerto Ordaz offers the cheapest prices.
Typically, one can save almost three times the price a customer will have to pay in Brazil for a similar enhancement surgery.
In hindsight, the surge is also helping ferrymen, who are seeing a growth in their cash reserves, after a long time.
Venezuela, under the leadership of President Nicolas Maduro, is at its economic lowest.
- China to buy more goods and services from the US
- UN and World Bank ink pact to spur cooperation on Global Goals
- Economic growth ‘exceeds expectations’ but trade tensions are rising: UN report
- Jobs in the green economy will ‘more than offset’ losses in traditional industry by 2030 – UN labour agency
- Preventive action could save billions of dollars in food assistance costs - UN agency