Just Earth News 23 Apr 2017
JC McIlwaine (file)
“We understand that the Qatari nationals were released unharmed. We are grateful to the Iraqi authorities and to all who contributed to the safe release of the abductees,” said a statement issued yesterday evening by UN Spokesman Stéphane Dujarric.
According to media reports, the 26 Qataris were kidnapped from a desert camp in Iraq's southern Muthanna province in mid-December 2015.
- Internet milestone reached, as more than 50 per cent go online: UN telecoms agency
- World Tourism Day: harnessing new technologies to transform travel
- The Syrian refugee who melts Canadian hearts with peace chocolates
- Let Olympic Flame ‘shine as a beacon to human solidarity,’ UN says ahead of Pyeongchang Games
- Yoga reflects flow of cultures East and West