Freight rates for the direct road movement of fertilizers upto 500 Km from plant/port to block level approved
Just Earth News 15 Jun 2016
New Delhi, Jun 15 (Just Earth News): To ensure timely and adequate availability of fertilizers to farmers at affordable prices, Department of Fertilizers has approved the freight rates for the direct road movement of fertilizers upto 500 km from plant/port to block level, as recommended by the Tariff Commission and it will come into effect from Wednesday.
A decision has been taken to reimburse the freight cost in respect of secondary movement of fertilizers from rake point to district/ block headquarters on monthly basis at the lower of the normative Per Tonne Per Kilometer (PTPK) rate or actual expenditure incurred by the company.
Union Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers said the decision will ensure availability of urea in remote areas, while keeping the cost under control. It will be one of the major tool to maintain the demand and supply uniformly all over the country up to the block level and will benefit farmers during the peak demand season. Fertilizer companies will not be allowed to do circuitous routing of fertilizers which will save subsidy and promote efficient transportation of fertilizers. The district wise normative road freight rates have been computed in scientific manner in line with the policy.
- The Syrian refugee who melts Canadian hearts with peace chocolates
- Let Olympic Flame ‘shine as a beacon to human solidarity,’ UN says ahead of Pyeongchang Games
- Yoga reflects flow of cultures East and West
- Nigeria: Welcoming release of 82 Chibok girls, UN urges support for their rehabilitation
- UN welcomes release of 26 Qatari abductees in Iraq