London (Xinhua/UNI) Major power failures are hitting large areas of the United Kingdom on Friday, affecting trains, airports and traffic lights, national media reported.
UK Power Networks said large parts of London and the South East are without electricity.
"We believe this is due to a failure on National Grid's network, which is affecting our customers," it was quoted as saying by BBC.
The power failures are also affecting traffic lights in the British capital, according to Transport for London.
- Turkish police arrest 14 people over suspected links to Gulen movement: Reports
- World must stamp out persecution of religious groups, Guterres declares on new UN Day
- Abrogation of Article 370 is an internal matter of India: Bangladesh
- Greenland sale: Donald Trump cancels Denmark visit
- ‘No time to lose’ UN envoy tells Security Council, ‘Yemen cannot wait’