Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 13 Feb 2018
Seoul/Pyongyang: A 'satisfied' Kim Jong-un has thanked South Korea for its 'impressive' efforts in hosting North Korea in the ongoing Winter Olympics.
The state-run KCNA news agency stated: "After receiving the delegation's report, Kim Jong-un expressed satisfaction over it."
Earlier, a North Korean delegation led by Kim's sister Kim Yo-jong, held a meeting with South Korean President Moon Jae-in, following a landmark visit to the neighbouring country.
Kim Yo-jong also became the first member from Pyongyang's ruling family to visit South Korea since the end of the 1950-53 Korean War.
The news agency further stated that Kim lauded "the features of the south side, which specially prioritized the visit of the members of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea... and expressed thanks for them."
Image: KCNA/Website-grab from BBC
- Haiti: UN determined to support authorities in strengthening rule of law
- UN development agency remains committed to support Lebanon, says agency head
- In crisis-torn eastern DR Congo, UN food relief agency expands operations to stem hunger
- Service and Sacrifice: Honouring Nigeria’s contribution to UN peacekeeping
- While USA mourns Florida shooting, questions on gun control or if this tragedy could have been avoided remain unanswered