Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 13 Feb 2018
Seoul/Pyongyang: A 'satisfied' Kim Jong-un has thanked South Korea for its 'impressive' efforts in hosting North Korea in the ongoing Winter Olympics.
The state-run KCNA news agency stated: "After receiving the delegation's report, Kim Jong-un expressed satisfaction over it."
Earlier, a North Korean delegation led by Kim's sister Kim Yo-jong, held a meeting with South Korean President Moon Jae-in, following a landmark visit to the neighbouring country.
Kim Yo-jong also became the first member from Pyongyang's ruling family to visit South Korea since the end of the 1950-53 Korean War.
The news agency further stated that Kim lauded "the features of the south side, which specially prioritized the visit of the members of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea... and expressed thanks for them."
Image: KCNA/Website-grab from BBC
- US government sanctions three North Korean officials
- France yellow vest protest: President Macron promises wage rise
- Major UN aid operation for 650,000 gets underway across Syria-Jordan border
- France violence: President Emmanuel Macron to hold meeting today
- Ahead of key UN-backed Marrakech migration conference, youth recount harrowing journeys