Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 13 Feb 2018
Seoul/Pyongyang: A 'satisfied' Kim Jong-un has thanked South Korea for its 'impressive' efforts in hosting North Korea in the ongoing Winter Olympics.
The state-run KCNA news agency stated: "After receiving the delegation's report, Kim Jong-un expressed satisfaction over it."
Earlier, a North Korean delegation led by Kim's sister Kim Yo-jong, held a meeting with South Korean President Moon Jae-in, following a landmark visit to the neighbouring country.
Kim Yo-jong also became the first member from Pyongyang's ruling family to visit South Korea since the end of the 1950-53 Korean War.
The news agency further stated that Kim lauded "the features of the south side, which specially prioritized the visit of the members of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea... and expressed thanks for them."
Image: KCNA/Website-grab from BBC
- South Korea turns off North Korea-facing speakers, sets tone ahead of historic meet
- Guterres hails predecessor Dag Hammarskjöld as ‘my reference and my inspiration’
- UN chief condemns fatal shooting of International Red Cross staffer in Yemen
- ‘We need accountability’ to end the crime of chemical weapons use in Syria, says Guterres
- 'Path is open’ to peaceful denuclearization of Korean Peninsula – UN chief