Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 08 Nov 2017
The company announced the expansion of the number of characters on its blog, which was shared on Twitter.
"We're expanding the character limit! We want it to be easier and faster for everyone to express themselves. More characters. More expression. More of what's happening.," Twitter tweeted.
The social networking site said in the blog that they had launched a test in September to see how people express themselves on Twitter.
Twitter said: "Our goal was to make this possible while ensuring we keep the speed and brevity that makes Twitter, Twitter."
We're expanding the character limit! We want it to be easier and faster for everyone to express themselves.— Twitter (@Twitter) November 7, 2017
More characters. More expression. More of what's happening.https://t.co/wBpYdy1K40
"Looking at all the data, we’re excited to share we’ve achieved this goal and are rolling the change out to all languages where cramming was an issue.," the blog read.
Earlier, the character limit was 140, which compelled the users to post a series of tweets to express themselves fully if they required.
Twitter, launched in 2006, enables its users to connect to people around the world. It also helps its users to share pictures, videos and media.
- Homosexuality, in all practicality, is still not normal in Slovenia: Darko Stante
- Japan's famous Tsukiji market closes, fish vendors relocate
- Would love to work with Sarah Greene again: Paddy Breathnach
- Village Rockstars' National Award has emboldened a lot of independent filmmakers in India: Rima Das
- Astronauts, monsters, dragons and Reitman: Toronto International Film Festival announces roster of special events